Monday, September 20, 2010

Cold turkey

Mrs F often chides me for the amount of time I spend on the internet, either updating Agitation or browsing other film blogs. “You’re an addict,” she’s declared on more than one occasion, raising her eyes from the PSP and her fourth solid hour of Star Ocean. I would always respond that I wasn’t and mutter something inaudible along the lines of “fine one to talk”.

I’ve now been without internet access for the past two weekends and I realise my wife’s right. I am an addict. I’ve been having worldwide web withdrawal symptoms like you wouldn’t believe. Last week wasn’t too bad – I managed to get three reviews online using other computers (I’m hoping to get a review up later today to coincide with Asia Argento’s 35th birthday) – but the weekend was a bit edgy. It probably didn’t help that I watched the emotionally shattering anime ‘Grave of the Fireflies’ on Saturday afternoon then spent the evening writing 1,000 words on it. On Sunday, gave myself the day off anything movie related and ploughed through a Peter F Hamilton doorstopper.

The most annoying thing is that what little time I’ve had to log on at work has been used putting material on Agitation and not reading the blogs of friends and fellow film writers. To everyone I’d normally engage in discussion with via comments sections, my continued apologies. I’ll be solvent again on Friday and hope to have the connection re-established pretty quickly.

2 comments:

Simon said...

You're forgiven, guy. Just don't let me catch you doing it again...

Neil Fulwood said...

*Shuffles feet*

"Won't 'appen again, guv'nor."