Saturday, January 01, 2011

For the sake of auld lang syne

To everyone who reads this blog, Happy New Year. A glass of the Isle of Syke’s finest (ie.Talisker) is being raised to all of you. As the Scots would say: slainte mhath.

Last year, Agitation was kind of defined by my questionable decision to undertake Operation 101010. Don’t get wrong, I saw something interesting stuff and one of the categories allowed me a month-long Clint Eastwood fest in honour of the great man’s 80th birthday. But it got to be a drag, particularly in the final stages. I didn’t start having fun on Agitation until 13 for Halloween in the last fortnight of October, and the Winter of Discontent trash movies project that I ended the year with.

I’m going to do 13 for Halloween and Winter of Discontent again this year. Winter of Discontent will chime nicely with Summer of Satan – such was the winner of last year’s poll with 33% of the vote. In addition, and depending on how many of her movies I can track down, August will be a celebration of Barbara Bouchet’s career, programmed to coincide with her 68th birthday. The one other task I’m setting myself on Agitation this year – starting tomorrow – is to work my way, every Sunday, through all the gialli I’ve not seen yet (including, to my shame, the one that started it all: Mario Bava’s ‘The Girl Who Knew Too Much’).



Aside from all this, the year will be starting with a bang as I join forces with Francisco from The Film Connoisseur between the 3rd and 5th of the month for Viva la Revolution, a celebration of revolutionary behaviour on film. Please fly the flag for the revolution, display one of our banners and check out both our blogs.

2 comments:

Armin said...

"Islay’s finest (ie.Talisker)"

Ahem, Talisker isn't from Islay. Talisker is from Skye. About 80-90 miles away...

Neil Fulwood said...

Got my isles mixed uo. Oooops. Duly rectified.