Saturday, August 09, 2014

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated


That picture? That’s me reading at a Palestine Solidarity Campaign demo in Nottingham just over a week ago, flanked by Muslims, Rabbis and the Brian Clough statue. I wrote a suite of poems for the event, one of which has subsequently been published on the Poetry24 website.

A couple of days ago, I read at a magazine launch at The Poetry Café in London, sharing the bill with some seriously talented poets. Fortunately, nobody asked me to stop making a nuisance of myself and leave the premises!

VerseWrights recently showcased four pieces, along with a profile. I’m currently shopping a pamphlet around, while zombie reviews continue to appear on the Dawn of the Unread blog and book reviews on the Five Leaves Bookshop website.

In other words, things have been pretty busy at chez Agitation. But look out for new content next week. ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ was an absolute belter and I’m looking forward to seeing if ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ lives up to all the buzz.

1 comment:

Hafeez Khan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.